01 December 2007

EMA Fall Banquet

Last night was the EMA Fall Banquet presented by (the spirit of) Lewis Carroll. It was an excuse to dress up (I wore a pretty hot black strapless dress with a black satin sweater wrap and my painful but fierce black stilletos with the sparkly jewel on the ankle strap), hang out with fellow English-interested people and profs, and laugh so hard my face hurt.

Sometimes I'm not sure I fit in with English majors-- am I well-read enough? am I convincing and assertive enough to survive in this field? is writing a narcissistic and self-fulfilling task?-- but I still love them. . . in all their nerdy-laugh, alcohol-induced, and bibliophile greatness.

1 comment:

boo face mcjones said...

i am nearly certain that i don't fit in with most english majors. it's good to hear someone else express similar feelings. perhaps this is why we get along?
however, i am glad to hear that the banquet went well. any excuse to wear shoes with sparkly straps is a pretty good event, i say.