20 March 2011

the goods: lusty lavender, sort of

on Friday night, I sat in my car in walmart's parking lot anticipating my next purchase: splat's hair dye kit in lusty lavender. I have been craving a change-- but wondered if bleaching my own hair would really accomplish anything. here's how it went.

the obligatory "before" shot:





for all you naysayers, there was a hint of black cherry dye leftover from before! look at these roots:





anyway, I suited up in my homemade shirt-protector:






combined the bleach and mixer stuff:





squirted blue stuff randomly on my head and covered up. I peeked every few minutes to see what was going on:






remembered-- again-- why I should not be allowed to do this stuff alone:






30 minutes, a rinse, and blowdry later revealed I was a frickin calico cat:




then the dye....





and voilĂ :






another shot from the real world:




not exactly lavender like I hoped-- but it's still fun. what do you think my next "crisis averted" adventure will be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ashamed to admit that i missed it earlier but just wanted to say / that wal-mart wife beater is sweet!