09 June 2010

pieces of me.

i don't really like people that much, so i'm not a person with many friends.  or so i thought.  over this past month, i've realized that i have really amazing friends-- and they are very different.  this post is dedicated to those people i've seen in the past month... i appreciate your presence no matter how often i see you or how many comments you leave me on facebook.

kim, "the bestie"

vietnamese tax auditor. 
generally crazy.
follows almost every statement, appropriate or not, with "that's what she said." 
curses like a sailor. 
works harder than any person i know.
the yin to my yang.




amy, "the realistic friend"

great listener.
loves cats.
actually calls me back.
converses with me for hours.
hosts fun game nights.
recent sushi convert.




anna, "the librarian/medievalist/neighbor"

fellow english major.
newly engaged.
self-proclaimed bibliophile.
thinks i'm funny.
joyful.





alex and ashley, "the twins"
stylish.
recent law school graduates.
good girls with mischievious sides.
appreciate boise and the small world i tweet from.
best friends.
social media whores.




karley, "the barbie"

military wife.
coach purse enthusiast.
exemplifies "loves pink."
LDS
expects people to do the right thing.
soon-to-be italian.





dustin and rachel, "the mormon couple"

newlyweds.
readers.
disagree over smashburger shake flavors.
capital city market-goers.
settled.




christopher, "the scholar"

intelligent elitist.
watches "south park."
challenges my ideas.
pessimist.
values conversation.
eats lots of pizza.


each friend asks me to be me in different ways-- sharing my day-to-day life, or delving into why i think failure is the overarching theme of my life, or trying out new restaurants, or talking for hours at starbuck's about the pressures of the present.  the diversity of my friends mirrors my own personality that tends to fragment and divide.  however, i know that i am not alone, no matter how independent i try to act.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aww...that was a great post. And you are right...you are never alone. You are a great friend.