06 February 2009

a little special something.

as i drove into my apartment complex after dinner and a movie with friends (i saw "push"-- entertaining but by no means the best movie ever), i decided to check my mailbox. please don't tell my mother.


i hadn't checked my mail since i got home from visiting bobby in las vegas. i regard my mailbox as the messenger of andrea's financial ruin, since its contents often include bills, bills, and coupons to meal places i end up going to because i have a coupon.



(that's bobby and me. aren't we cute? yes, yes, please send compliments. thx.)

i drove up, parked, jingled my keys to find the smallest silver mailbox opener, jammed the key into the latchhole, squealed open the metal door of doom, felt around inside for paper contents, and then my finger nudged against a foreign metal object. i squinted in the dark since the light above the mailboxes is out (again, please don't tell my mother) and withdrew key #2 to the parcel delivery boxes.


my pulse quickened, my breaths became shorter and faster, and i barely contained a squeal that finally erupted after i plopped the large brown box onto my black airmchair.

quickly, i found a knife:
bobby bought me a betsey johnson watch the last night we were in vegas, and it had finally arrived!



i love the little bureau box with leopard print. i love the star shape. i love the sparkly black face. i love the skinny patent leather band.




i love that my boyfriend likes to make me happy even if he can't be here in person. long distance schmistance. i'm smitten.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, no wait...awesome! watch. I want a cool watch :) Looks like you have a super sweet boyfriend, which you deserve.

Anonymous said...

Ya, I am excited to see him. He actually proposed in May 07. It was very romantic, but not on V-day. :)

boo face mcjones said...

you two ARE so cute! i am thrilled that you posted a picture!

also, what a sweet present!

and finally, jonesy and i did the long-distance thing for more than a year. i was smitten the whole time, and i still am. glad to see it working for you too...

rrw3 said...

Smitten with the watch or me? I'll assume the watch...haha

Diane said...

Very cute (both the watch and you two as a couple) and very sweet. So how did you two meet? I think we need the full story.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you can add me to your blog list. Stalk me please :) jk.