16 July 2010

summer day 26


turns out this is the last night with the kitties. I've learned a lot about myself (ie I think animal poop and vomit are rank and I never want to see either again, I really really really like sleeping at 4 am, and I harbor this foreign warm fuzzy feeling of peace feeling an animal cozy up against my back at night) and I think I will be lonely for a bit when I go home.





these animals just ask to be loved. they like me when I'm sweaty from the gym or when I'm grumpy because I won't cheat on my diet or when a rough cat tongue scrapes across my elbow and I say, "STOP!!!" in that whiny voice that drives my mom insane. the cats don't threaten me with my job and demand I never touch their account ever again when all I did was offer to help just short of ripping out my ovaries and squeezing out some of my hormones so some kid can have her back-ordered birth control RIGHT NOW.

I will miss them, and I'm glad those feelings have not disappeared from my emotional spectrum quite yet.

No comments: