28 February 2011

miracle

on Saturday, I went grocery shopping. I know, the horror. I had a brief conversation with both the checkers at winco and Albertsons-- and decided I had enough human interaction for the day and went straight home. I then spent over an hour in the bathtub, totally submersed except for my nose and mouth, and listened to nothing but my breathing and heartbeat and realized how easy it would be to end both.

never fear, readers. as long as britney keeps dancing and gummy worms are available, I'll be around. my half-birthday was yesterday, so I'm quite aware of my impending age-related death.

so I propose a challenge to overcome these overwhelming (at times) feelings to free fall into the black abyss. the month of march will consist of a post each day dedicated to something I love, appreciate, and all that mushy stuff. my goal is to derive an on-going positive attitude and maybe even pass it on to you.

rose-colored glasses, here I come.

1 comment:

ramon said...

positive attitudes are overrated.