27 February 2008

and people say dogs are easier than kids.

today was a rather odd day: i spent time thinking up a fun way to demonstrate effective opinion-building with my students (including finding support in both personal experiences and factual evidence), but the activity kinda flopped because i asked them to do it in silence. i guess that's what happens when you try to contain freshmen. . . failed activities. it's ok; i'm still learning.

anyway, so i got back to the house and talked to my roommate for a little bit about school. then i walked into my room so that i could change out of my black slacks and sweater and into something more comfortable (like cotton pants with small little riley-dogs on them). i unzipped my boots and threw them into my shoe box (i still haven't gotten a shoe rack yet); then i walked around the end of my bed and opened my closet.

i realized my sock was wet.

and that the bottom of my foot was warm.

yes, you probably guessed it: it stepped in kota barf. seriously. it was still all chunky and warm, which means it was very fresh.

and my reaction, you ask? i just started laughing and pulled off my sock. then i told heather and she cleaned it up. luckily the barf was on the wood floor and not on my new black shaggy rugs. but still. kota barf. at least she feels comfortable enough to just let it all out. literally.

1 comment:

boo face mcjones said...

EWW. and i was just beginning to think i might like meeting this dog some day. scratch that.