18 February 2008

update on andrea's life as of late.

well, i am almost all moved in to my new location in boise! all my furniture is here, save for the occassional misplaced item (like getting a new shoe rack. . . the one i have is 2" too long for my closet) and getting some curtains and a bedskirt. my domestic mother has volunteered to make me both of those items out of the same fabric to tie the room together.

so, i painted the walls a really energetic, vibrant red: bougainvilla, named after a pretty flowering plant. the walls are about the color of the deepest red in this picture:the trim is white, and i've decorated primarily in white and black. both roommates have commented that this is the best this room has looked. . . quite a tribute to my interior decorating skills. don't worry; pictures to come later when i have curtains! =)
i officially moved in on thursday last week, and then i spent the next 33 hours grading papers, making a late night run to wendy's to grab a grilled chicken sandwich and some mountain dew (mostly, this was inspired by a massive panic attack after i couldn't find the coffee machine) doing homework, shopping for the medieval feast, going to class, loading my stomach up on red bull, holding office hours, teaching, and driving home-- only to collapse on my bed and awaken to my roommate babytalking to the house dog, coda. she's an akita. i'm a big fan.
this weekend was much better and restful. the one thing that i definitely have to start getting used to: eating dinner alone. this sounds kind of silly, but i am used to preparing dinner with my mother-- and occassionally, my father-- and then enjoying our meal together as a family. i never ate dinner alone prior to living here! however, i am determined to cook for myself and not let idaho pizza company do my cooking for me. perhaps i should create a "college student singles dinner club" or something similar, eh?

1 comment:

Arijaan Bulk said...

cool dog! and yes, you should definitely start a dinner club - how fun!! there were 3 students and a crusade staff member from BSU at the conference I staffed this weekend - so cool! The plan is to update my blog this afternoon. . .stay tuned! :)