13 February 2008

thoughts on a wednesday morning

bear with me: it's been a very long day/ morning, and i've decided to blog about it in a very montaigne-esque fashion. as of late, i have been struck with the overwhelming desire for change-- in so many areas of my life. i am incredibly annoyed with myself for becoming so complacent and comfortable with just about everything (from school to relationships to living arrangements); can i just pack up and flee to the woods for a week? pull a dave chappelle and roam around africa for a little while and clear my mind? transform into bruce almighty for a second so that he can use his godly powers to read and respond to the ever-growing mound of student papers on my desk? sprout some biceps like popeye on spinach to help me lift boxes of books, my tv, etc. that i've neatly packed for moving? (i'll let that image of me trying to commune with rhinos marinate for a sec.)

seriously, where are some gummi worms when i need them?

ok, so i'm being sort of whiny. (i told you this was inspired by montaigne, right?) perhaps i should follow becca's example and blog about things that i love-- being that it's february and all. well, right now i love blogger.com because it is awake and available to hear me out. thanks, blogger, i appreciate you.

2 comments:

Arijaan Bulk said...

This is great! :) yay for the mention of Bruce, that warms my heart. I love you!! Let me know when you get your hands on a copy of "Changes that Heal" - it's going to be so great for us to continue our book club discussions! :) Maybe we'll continue to have "full-circle moments", oh dear - that was a little too Oprah! :)

boo face mcjones said...

alright, i sense it's nearing time for another idaho pizza company visit (unless you feel a need to change that up also). let's plan out a time to "feast" on our own. we don't need no stinkin' 530 class...