05 March 2011

the goods: reunion with carbs



after denying myself carbs for weeks last year, I've slowly reintroduced myself to eating pasta without feeling guilty and punishing myself with a strict calorie intake for days after. for example, I ate nachos last night so this morning I only ate 1 egg for breakfast and a piece of turkey and yogurt for lunch. the self-inflicted torture must stop!

tonight, I made a bowtie pasta with garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, adele's Italian chicken sausage, white beans, and mushrooms. it might look a little strange, but the mix of flavorful foods guaranteed I didn't consume more than a cup's worth.

hello, pasta. I missed you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to stop eating pasta, I couldnt do it. So I switched to the next best thing, whole wheat pasta. Still not super good for you but a lot better than white pasta!

-BB