24 October 2010

new: apple raisin cookies

tonight, I bought the ingredients for a new recipe from "everyday food" magazine (I bought a subscription for myself and mom last year for Christmas). I spent a little over $5 for everything-- plus two yogurts for tomorrow. I LOVE and so appreciate winco's bulk foods section.





cooking lesson moment #1: wow, I must not cook with nutmeg and raisins and etc much because I had to buy it all!

of course I had to treat myself to a caramel hot chocolate (quite a cup of happiness for 38 cents).





and then the baking started.









cooking lesson moment #2: I have absolutely no counter space in my kitchen. giant sad face with small tear.





cooking lesson moment #3: after all these years, I do not own a spatula. yes, that is a rice paddle. it worked just fine. high five to my people.





this is actually two "news" in one. I'm taking my cookies to work tomorrow to share with my coworkers. pretty sure everyone but me has brought in a handmade goodie... so eat up, kids.

1 comment:

Arijaan said...

oh my - how domestic of youuu! were they a hit? if so I'd love the recipe! oh, and your hand mixer is so cool!