19 October 2010

new: Asian helper

I am all about easy cooking. tonight, I let Betty Crocker lend me a hand with Asian Helper's chicken fried rice. you too can find this little kitchen friend in your local grocery store. in Albertsons, it is located in the boxed dinners (do not search for it next to the soy sauce and seaweed, as logical and tempting as it is).







I am no stranger to hamburger and chicken helper. I love the cheesy enchilada helper, and I am surprised that ol Betty hasn't launched a line of Mexican-- oh, excuse me, Latino-- Helper to stack next to Italian Helper (you mean the lasagna helper is trying to pass as american food?! gasp!) and Lazy Ass at-least-this-isnt-mcdonalds Helper. I am sure glad that the chicken fried rice box that I bought tonight for $1 was labeled Asian though-- I wouldn't want consumers mistakenly buying something so obviously ethnic and thinking it was just a version of middle-class, white American 3 cheese macaroni.

I mixed up some of my own ingredients:





and 30 minutes later, I had chicken fried rice! I was sooo helped by the Asian!





my tastebuds approve! although, I'm pretty sure ultra-authentic panda express still takes the prize for best fried rice.

then I noticed my meal was missing something. oh no! I forgot the egg!





then it was even better.





try it out. maybe next time I'll live on the edge and get Mongolian-style beef-- not to be confused with the real Mongolian beef... it's just the style...





I AM ASIAN HELPER!!!
and so can you.

1 comment:

connor reed said...

Oh Haro.

The meal looks tasty and that ninja chef's glove looks pretty sweet too.