07 November 2010

new: dinner guests

I am ashamed to admit that tonight was the first time I've had my family over for dinner at my place. my mom is an excellent cook though and Sundays are our usual family dinner night at my folks' house in eagle. but tonight, I made a vegetable and chicken sausage stew (based off a weight watchers recipe that uses mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, sausage, beans, and spinach), french bread, and berry pie for dessert.

here's the model recipe pic:





I substituted low fat chicken sausage for the beef Italian sausage the recipe called for, and I added white beans (instead of using all kidney beans), garlic, and cayenne pepper powder.









and finally:





then we played wii and my brother dominated.





I'm dead.

cooking isn't very hard and I love my family. I do like the calm and quiet of my own place though. if you know any fast and easy recipe that are cheap and delicious, please pass them on!

No comments: