14 November 2010

wrap up

hello, readers:

yesterday was the end of one month of new. I found it to be lamer than I expected, but doing new stuff costs money-- and I don't have much extra these days. I hope you've enjoyed reading my adventures, but I think my blogging will slow down now as I venture into the realms of tumblr...

some things I didn't get around to trying this month that are still on my list of "news" to complete:

- making a fabric kitchen apron-- I have the pattern and access to a sewing machine... just have to cut and stitch!

- cooking Indian food

- piercing my ears again. I want to wear rhinestones forever. (there's something too Miley Cyrus about that statement.)

- reading the entire bible. my bible app for iPhone (the world is truly at my fingertips) has a "read the bible in 90 days" reading plan, which I plan to start soon-- it's a big commitment, but I think I would really benefit from reading the text myself instead of rely solely on someone else's interpretation.

- training for the YMCA race on January 1. subzero temps: check. extra vitamin c starting now: check. hosted by the ram restaurant where good food is bound to welcome my freezing butt: check!

- finding a running partner. and racquetball partner. and maybe even a skiing partner for midweek. (yes, I said ski. yes, you can freak out now.)

- selling my betsey Johnson dress. it's too big and too expensive and seriously I'm tired of it taking up so much room in my closet. but it is pretty.





- reading the last few harry potter books. I don't know if Harry even dies. and don't tell me!

- purging the old crap I've moved with me over the years. just get out of my life and stop weighing me down already!

- updating my resume. you know. just in case.

happy evening, readers. and happy new readings.

1 comment:

connor reed said...

Loved reading about your month of new.

Feeling a little guilty about starting you down the Tumblr path - ok, maybe not that guilty.

Hope you continue to update here. Love me a daily dose of asian spice.