10 November 2010

the proof is in the pixels

this post will seem very narcissistic-- but what about the blogging world isn't?

I've always had self-esteem issues related to my weight. even when I graduated high school at 94 lbs, I despised my cottage cheese thighs. over time, my extreme love for all things deep-fried, loaded with taurine, and containing enough sodium to rival the dead sea (not together, of course, although that could be fun...) ravaged my figure. my friend mentioned last night that she just doesn't believe I was ever chunky monkey and my friend tonight says I look exactly the same except my bosom shrank; so here's a blog post dedicated to the exploitation of my weight gain and subsequent loss. to ensure the accuracy of the photos, I stole them all from Amy.

starting point (my photo):
spring 2007, pre-grad school and mid-gym rat phase of life






July 2009:
by no means "heavy" but you can see the fleshy legs and what a pound of potato wedges every other day will do to a midsection





early may 2010:
stretchy top and skirt aren't so stretchy anymore!









may 22, 2010:
yes, the angle is unflattering, but I think it was about this time that I couldn't wear my regular pants and blamed "getting older" for my rounder-than-usual face and hips.








July 4, 2010:
and like a knight in shining armor, my vanity and sanity returned and I started the "eat clean" diet and tracked all my calories through calorie tracker on my iPhone. at least my face wasn't the size of a hot air balloon anymore. (and sorry to crop you out, amy!) I joined golds gym a week later.









august 2010:
my t shirts stopped hugging my midsection and at least I could button my jeans again.









mid-september 2010:
my b2b training flattened my stomach and created definition in my legs (compare to first pic posted!). I think I finally started to believe in the reality of my weight loss around this time.









October 31, 2010:
when I saw these Halloween pictures, I thought, "hey! I actually don't look fat anymore!" breakthroughs are excellent!








and you've seen recent pics on my blog. since this was taken just a few days ago, here's what I currently look like (4 lbs heavier than my lightest weight around early September):








yes, I'm wearing leggings as pants. hipster shmipster.

there's no big secret to my weight loss. eat well and exercise, and stay dedicated. my current weight is a little heavier than I would like, but I don't feel deprived or weak; I remember coming home and passing out in high school because I ate water and cheetohs for lunch. I'm okay with weighing over 100 lbs and not squeezing my buttcheeks into a size 00 anymore.

here's to being healthy! and happy.

No comments: